Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm in bed while waking up I have been laying on my back and can feel this rather large "bump" in my abdomen. A few weeks back I could feel it very low (right above my pelvic bone) now it has gradually moved up and now I feel it (only while laying down) near my belly button. Sometimes it is the center and sometimes on one side. Is this my uterus, baby, something else sticking out? My sister, who is due 3 weeks before me said she can feel the same thing. Hmm...what is it? (I'm 13 weeks now)

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
It's your fundus! The top of your uterus. Mine just popped up suddenly. Last week it was below my pubic bone and BAM now it's a good three finger breaths above it.

I love feeling my uterus.

Laura

·
Registered
639 Posts
Waiting for a growth spurt here, mine is still only an inch or so above the pubic bone and is often hard to feel. This is such a time of impatience!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Yeah I can feel it. Dh can see my changing which says alot cuz I am a large lady. Grow baby Grow!!!!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyTeesa View Post
Waiting for a growth spurt here, mine is still only an inch or so above the pubic bone and is often hard to feel. This is such a time of impatience!

me too, mine's still pretty low. my midwife said i was a bit small for 12 weeks too
i need to focus on eating better, and *more*, ack!

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why is it that in the morning when I'm just waking up and have to go pee is it huge feeling and right where my belly button is-or right under my belly button. At night I can feel it very low right about my pelvic bone. Wierd...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Why is it that in the morning when I'm just waking up and have to go pee is it huge feeling and right where my belly button is-or right under my belly button. At night I can feel it very low right about my pelvic bone. Wierd...
In the morning when your bladder is full it pushes your uterus up and out, so it is easier to feel it. It's one of the benefits of having to pee, I guess!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
So.... I believe that I am at the end of my 11th week and I still can't locate "the bump" The only hard spot that I feel is more toward the left where I am assuming my falopian tube is. I never tried to locate/feel anything with my first DC so I don't really have any reference. My first appt. with my doc. is next Monday. Everyonce in a while I worry that things aren't exactly right but I don't let myself dwell on it too much.

I'm trying not to dwell on it but it's not working. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I am not feeling what I think that I should be feeling?

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adoremybabe View Post
So.... I believe that I am at the end of my 11th week and I still can't locate "the bump" The only hard spot that I feel is more toward the left where I am assuming my falopian tube is. I never tried to locate/feel anything with my first DC so I don't really have any reference. My first appt. with my doc. is next Monday. Everyonce in a while I worry that things aren't exactly right but I don't let myself dwell on it too much.

I'm trying not to dwell on it but it's not working. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I am not feeling what I think that I should be feeling?
I wouldn't worry yet. At 11 weeks it's normal to still have your fundus behind your pubic bone. If your dr finds it have him show you- if not wait a week or two and it'll pop, too.
I'm sure you're fine, momma.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I love feeling my uterus.

Laura
I love MDC for the fact that we can talk about how we love feeling our uterus and not sound like a freak!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Even knowing about where my fundus is, I still can;t tell. It will come in another couple of weeks. I can;t wait! I love to feel where mine is too.

I agree Jenn, it is nice to get to talk about being excited over fundal height and not sound like a total oddball.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
In the last few days I can even feel it standing up, sitting down... eeeeeek!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts