Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
I believe that if you use your vehicle for work, you can get a standard mileage rate deduction for business miles, even if you file as a sole propietor. I think you need to keep a written log of business miles, and you get somewhere around 31/32 cents a mile... (we have a rental house and deduct any mileage going to-from it for repairs and maintenance, etc.). It doesn't sound like much, but it adds up.

When we used to have a landscaping business, we were a partnership and deducted a flat percentage of each vehicle, including fuel and repairs, based on our use. One was about 95% business and the other was more like 40%. We were using them daily for business and personal travel.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it can be done. Definetely check out the IRS web site listed above...I think you're looking for a publication called 'business use of personal vehicle" or something like that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.