Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I had to go to l&d for ctx. When there I was 2.5-3.0 cm dialated, 60% effaced and -2 station. Now I am home and not having any ctx and I was wondering if you can regress in any of the above? Mostly the dialation. Tia!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gogokim View Post
On Monday I had to go to l&d for ctx. When there I was 2.5-3.0 cm dialated, 60% effaced and -2 station. Now I am home and not having any ctx and I was wondering if you can regress in any of the above? Mostly the dialation. Tia!

I thought Ina May said that yes you can, in Spiritual Midwifery. Maybe I'm wrong...I read that awhile ago.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yep you most definitely can. I've heard some women also have "dynamic cervix" (I think that's what it's called) and it dilates and reverses frequently. Going to as much as 7 and then back down to 3 or 4, for weeks on end.
My mom reversed dilation after receiving Demerol in labor. She went from 9 to 6/7.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, darn
: I have been having ctx for months, I was hoping for something to stay regular. I know I am not due for weeks but I figured it would be good at least for a fast delivery. Oh well
Thanks so much for all of your responses!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I was 5 cm and my mw tried to get me into labor and I regressed back to 4 by the next day because it stressed me out so much. Went into labor that night anyhow and had a 4 hour labor.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gogokim View Post
Well, darn
: I have been having ctx for months, I was hoping for something to stay regular. I know I am not due for weeks but I figured it would be good at least for a fast delivery. Oh well

It just may mean you'll have a fast delivery as long as you're encouraging Optimal Fetal Positioning www.spinningbabies.com AND you don't mess with trying to start labor. Your body and your baby knows what to do.

I *did* reverse dilate with my first. I went from fully dilated (then I was watched like a tea kettle and freaked out). I shut down to a 7 and stayed that way for 8 hours, then I redilated back to complete. I learned from that I birth best alone.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I had a client who was nearly complete but baby appeared not in an optimal position... labor slowed down, she went back down, but then when labor did finally pick up baby seemed in a better position and was born quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.