Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I have no reason to believe I'm losing this one...except a very bad feeling, I had two losses this year the last one with a very bad feeling so I'm not going to ignore this...if I suddenly start laboring I just want to know what I'm going to do.  I'm planning a homebirth, would a hb midwife come to my home for a 18 week miscarriage?  Or is it ok to do it myself at home?  I'm very against going to the hospital unless there's an emergency.  Thanks.  I've been having pain in my uterus for an hour now so I can't get this off my mind...</p>

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
<p>First I am so sorry and I hope that your baby is okay.</p>
<p>But in answer to your question: Yes, I've had three in the past year. One at 12wks, one at 16w4d, and one at 21wks. Some HB mw's will come if that makes you feel more comfortable. I'm a uc'er so it wasn't weird to me to do it alone. My first was just like a birth only with blood during contractions. My second was sudden and traumatic just because I wasn't prepared. My third was just exactly like a birth only my baby was tiny and not alive. I lost a lot of blood with my first one but the others weren't bad and I didn't have any emergencies with any of them; I just got scared with the second because I didn't expect it. It is perfectly okay to do it alone; just know your stuff and know when to get help. Most likely you won't need it if you know what to watch for. PM me if you want more info, I don't want to get too far into advice on the board.</p>
<p>(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))</p>

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
<p>I lost my baby at 17 wks in august. We chose induction with misoprostol and did so at home. My hbmw administered the meds adn then left (stayed close by in case I needed her). The baby came quickly and easily. we called her as soon as he was here and she showed up within 5 min. She gave me a tincture to help deliver the placenta as it can easily be retained during second tri losses. Everything went well and I was glad she was here for the emotional support as well as medical advice. I gave her $500 which covered my prenatal appts (2). several herval tinctures (for induction adn placenta), my misoprostol (which she picked up for me), the induction, after the birth, preparation of placenta for smoothy, 3 pp visits, etc. For me it was well worth it.</p>
<p>The concerns I was told about for second tri loss were: infection with waiting, hemoraging, retained placenta, retained fetal tissue,etc. I was more comfortable with a mw that I trusted. I believe that it was way better than a hospital induction would have been (i don't do hospitals if I can help it) and i was able to keep the baby intact (which wouldn't have happened with a d&e).</p>
<p>I hope your baby is ok! I will be praying for you. Pm if you would like.</p>

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>thanks.  I may just be paranoid because of the past losses, doesn't help that I'm having "the baby is dead" dreams...I'm praying everything is ok too, I feel better now just knowing that if it were to happen I have an idea of what I would do. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts