Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
That was a try-it several years ago and had specific requirements. Not all of them could be meet by swimming on a team. Some of them were safety skills. I don't remember the details.

You might check at your GS counsel and see if they have an old copy of the book.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody have an old copy of the book sitting on a shelf that could send me the requirements?

I think they can earn old awards. ALL try-its are phasing out in the fall (but will be replaced by triangular badges that look a frigging lot like try-its LOL).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The one thing I noticed in the listing that may be a coincidence or may actually mean something is "Council's Own". If it is indeed a council's own, then it will be difficult to track down as it is/was a Try-It that some council designed and created the requirements for. There are many GS Yahoo groups out there (GreenBlood is one) and there tend to be gobs of historians and women who know just about anything you could want to find out...

You're right, you can earn old awards but make sure you've got the actual award before you go about earning it because your council shop cannot track down old awards any easier than you can.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.