Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, we are seriously looking (again) at moving to Portland. Dh works in IT and so we've been looking around for possible jobs for him. We already know of AMD, HP and Intel. Google says they have offices in PDX but when you click on that link, all you get are listings for The Dalles.
What other companies are in/around PDX that might be worth checking into? TIA!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Well, if you are looking in the surrounding area as well as Portland, Wilsonville (outlying suburb to the south) is home to Xerox, Mentor Graphics, and InFocus...

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Oh Paisley, you BEST get your sexy pregnant butt up here!!!
How cool would that be??

In addition to the tech companies, there are also LOTS of IT opportunities at all kinds of smaller companies around here. portland.craigslist.org has a bunch listed usually (how DP found PacStar, where he currently works).

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all, ladies!
This is a great list!

Arwyn - we really just want to move so I can hang out with you!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The local colleges and universities all have IT departments. Dh is the network and systems administrator for Lewis & Clark. There is also Reed, Linfield, Marylhurst, PSU, University of Portland, Concordia, Portland Community College, Mt Hood CC, Clackamas CC

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
DP mentioned TechHeads, a contracting co (need a web, sys, network guru ASAP? TechHeads got ya covered - that kind of thing).

Paisley - I know it!
:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My guy works for the corporate office of goodwill, in the it dept, and I know that they are looking for another guy there, as well as Jack used to work for a great head hunter who has been able to find him good contracts and some perm positions, would you be willing to move if he had a contract? And when you say IT what exactly does he do? If its programing or dba work maybe we could help you finding something. Anyway, pm for the headhunters info if your interested!

Angie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts