Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you do is drop off the Avon magazine to people's houses, then come back to pick it up a few days later, then send off for the items anyone might have ordered on the form inside it, oh and deliver that item when it arrives?

So can you really make much money doing this job? Enough money to support yourself? Or do you need a second job too?

Anyone here sell Avon?

· Registered
2,594 Posts
I've sold avon in the past and my daughter is selling it now. Yes, people do make money from it. But I have found that you need to sell ALOT to make decent money and the market is pretty oversaturated in most places.

What I found is that it is a pain to drive 30 minutes to deliver someone's lipstick they bought and it cost me more in gas sometimes. Not to mention time.

Once you sell a certain amount, you can earn 40% which is nice. But then you have to pay for the catalogs, bags, promotions, and whatever. So that takes a big chunk. Add in the website, the gas, and other expenses, and I don't think there's much usually left over.

They say the average order is $25, so in order to get to 500 (where you earn 40%) you need 20 customers. Then you earn 200.00 for those 2 weeks. Then minus the supplies (see above) and gas, and you might only earn 150.00 or less. Which comes out to be about 75.00 per week.

You will need more than 20 customers because not everyone orders every campaign, so plan on about double that, or 40 customers who are regular orderers. If you order 50 catalogs, I forget the cost, but maybe 20.00?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.