Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an adorable AIO I bought from Baby Bloomers with a matching t-shirt. But I just know when I put DD in it, she will pee or poop and then I will have to through it in the wash. So for those really nice AIOs, does anyone reuse the shell for a bit before putting it in the wash? What do you use inside, if you do?

It is this very reason I am hesitant to buy cute AIOs because I don't want to have to keep changing the dipe and then the shirt or outfit (anyone anal like that?) LOL

TIA!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
If I catch her soon enough after she wets, I re-use it. After 2-3 changes though even if they don't feel wet, the shells start smelling like pee :nana: so I change the shell every 2-3 changes, max.

I'm also one who mixes and matches "brands" of soakers in the shells, that helps too.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Well
, yeah, we have mostly snap-in styles. We don't re-use the "true" AIOs. I don't buy those anymore, they just don't seem cost-effective (and the ones we have take forever to dry). We have 2 or 3 for in a pinch (read: hubby changing diapers), for wash day, or for going out - but even then I would be more inclined to bring an extra soaker (and cross my fingers that she doesn't poop).

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I reuse the shell if it is dry. I bought extra soakers/doublers and use them. The soakers don't 'go' with all the AIO's but it doesn't matter, I just don't snap them in. Works anyway.

I would like to get extra soakers from VK though. Hers are THE best. My son has NEVER peed through them! VK AIO's comes with 2 soakers/doublers and I use both of them at once so that ds doesn't wet through.

Liz

·
Registered
205 Posts
I re-use my shells until they smell or get obviously soiled. A CPF slapped in there works just fine. Took me waaaaayyy to long to figure out to do that.......guess I would've only purchased half the AIO's that I have now if I'd made the connection. Sigh......the lessons learned on a diaper quest.

-Leah

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yup, I guess mine are "almost" in ones... but I try to keep it simple

I either re-use my shells as a cover (over a fitted) or snap in a new soaker (and doubler). I re-use it about twice (unless it's soiled or wet) and then wash.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I've re-used the shell. Especially when it's something that matches an outfit. A lot of the time I'll just use it as a cover with a fitted. I'm one of those anal like everything to "match" people.
:
:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mum2tori
I've re-used the shell. Especially when it's something that matches an outfit. A lot of the time I'll just use it as a cover with a fitted. I'm one of those anal like everything to "match" people.
:
:
:LOL me too

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mum2tori
:
:

me too! I match my f/b and roos to his outfits even when noone can see them!!

I always wondered why they didnt just make the diapers into a matching cover instead of an AIO (for cute matching outfits) because my luck he would poop in it before I got the last snap done....there goes the "cute matching outfit...uggg"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts