Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boys were 6 weeks early and were in the NICU for 2 weeks. I could not be there every second b/c of their sister at home that needed me too. I did not circ but I guess I was not educated enough to stress that I didn't want them to retract his foreskin. It is eating me up inside that maybe they did. Is there a way to tell if the foreskin has been retracted forcefully?<br>
If it has what can you do to "heal" or make sure more damage isn't done.<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hmm...Tricky question.<br><br>
I am not sure there is much you can do unless the consequence were obvious (tearing, infections, etc) but you should definetely ask.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've got boy/girl twins that were 8 weeks early. I was so worried about something being done I didn't want while I wasn't there. In our 5 week stay I watched lots of nurses care for different babies and I never saw any of them mess with a foreskin. Most of the boys seemed to get circed but the nurses didn't know if they were going to be or not until shortly before discharge. Usually they were performed the morning of discharge.<br><br>
My understanding is that the foreskin was appear red if it had been forcibly retracted. I did at least half of my son's diaper changes in NICU and I never noticed is foreskin being red so I'm assuming no one messed with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts