Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ds is is 5 mo. and i have been trying to find a good cd for him. but it's being kinda hard because when he wets, he wets hard, so the front half of the soaker is soaked thru and the back isn't. bad thing is that the dipe will wick to the outside around the front and his clothes get wet. i've only tried a FB and daisy doodles without additional soaker. I've been working hard at making pockets for him but they are on the trim side, and i'm praying that they will work, becuase if not i will have made 24 of them for nothing. And nowadays my time is PRECIOUS! Could it be possible to just add an extra soaker in the front, or will i have to invest yet more money in some hemp fitteds? i would rather have a trim fitting diaper, but i need his clothes to stop getting wet also
What should i do???

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I have found trim = every 15 minute diaper change. It really depends on how much of a wetter your baby is. But I prefer the traditional fitted diapers to the trim ones for this reason and also where can a big poop go inside those trim ones?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
you can definitely go trim ... BUT you've gotta put the absorbancy where it's needed and it's gotta be the right kind ... hemp works best in my household ...
Skylar is mostly in swaddlebees these days (easiest to use while I try to get him better) and he's a SUPER piddler ... I'm just stuffing them with small trifolding 3 layer hemp inserts (jamtots) and making sure that when I do stuff them I pull the insert as far to the front as it will go because that's where he's wetting most (I've had diapers sopping to leaking in the front and totally dry in the back) ... I'm also considering wrapping a two layer hemp insert in microfiber toweling to promote wicking of the moisture throughout the insert rather than just in front.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Haven't had much luck with "trim" for my supersoaker. My dd saves it up then EMPTIES her bladder....
So it doesn't matter how often I change her.... 30 seconds after she's gone it will wick with many diapers....

What works for us these days: LHC, mudpies (esp. solid PUL), little-fishy, fluffymail.

Good luck!

-Angela

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i guess i'll have to experiment still, before shelling out a bunch of money for hemp fitteds
I'm curious to try the micro/hemp combo... thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts