Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Ontario.

I'm not looking to incorporate -- perhaps legal was not the right term. I'm just looking around to see what I have to do if I am starting a business -- mostly what hoops I have to jump through, etc., but also ideas for planning things out, what *I* should have ready, etc. I'm a sole proprietorship, so it seems like there isn't too much to worry about.

Ah, that link is the kind of thing I'm looking for. It hadn't even occurred to me that they (the gov't) might have anything geared specifically toward selling on the internet!
Thanks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you're in Ontario, check out the Small Business Enterprise Centre in your area. They will be able to guide to towards resources like the ones that you're looking for. They should be able to supply you with a ton of information, and if you're lucky - the one in your area will have programs where you can access an accountant or a lawyer for dirt cheap (ie. $25 for an hour consultation). Mentoring programs and seminars are likely, as well...and if you're in a rural area, there's a good chance that you'd be eligible for financing under the Futures Development Corporation. Each office is a bit different, so I don't know what the one in your area offers...sorry I couldn't be more specific.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.