Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I read about treating candida and eating low carb the more opinions are thrown out there and I want to see if anyone has personal experience with all of this that will help lead me in a better direction. I have been following the food list from here http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com.../foodslist.php (scroll down for the veggies section) all are very low carb. I don't have a question about the meats or fats just the veggies. I am reading a book by Dr. William G Crook and he has higher carb veggies such as carrots, swt potatoes, squash, beets etc. just in small amounts like 1/4cup per meal type of thing. He follows the idea of eating a rainbow and that seems to resonate with me. I like the idea of adding in these veggies for the nutrition benefit they offer but will they feed the candida and set back our healing? Another thing that is contradictory is fermented foods. I would like to add in sauerkraut for its great health benefits and probiotics but some say yes and some say no, opinions?

Has anyone treated candida and found a food plan that works well? I know everyone is unique and different but it would be nice to hear what others have eaten successfully while dealing with this.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am starting to move in Dr. Crooks direction as I really feel those higher carb foods are needed for the nutrition aspect just in small quantities like he suggests. We are making a little headway so that is good. I am just taking all the stuff I have read and formulating a pan I feel is best for me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.