Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am sorry if this is not the right place to post this, i just dont really know where this should go. Please do not lock this if it really should be somewhere else, i really need some help!!!TIA (I AM A
so whatever i do effects my son...so please help....)
I went to a naturopathic doctor. He told me all this stuff about me without having the results of my urine yet. He made a diet plan and said i have candida. he has seen me once and charged me a lot of money, and now to get the diet and minerals he wants to charge more money when i was under the impression that before he could do anything anyways he had to know what the results of my urine test was. He told me to do an at home saliva "test" for candida where first thing in the morning i spit in a cup (mucus) of water and see what happens throughout the day. He said at the time if it created a fog on the glass than i can assume that i do have candida. well (sorry i know this is gross), i did the test and the mucus formed "tentacles" and sank to the bottom....no fog on the glass. I told him that and he said " oh, i told you, you have candida." ( he acts very almost overly confident in himself.) the first visit he just sat across from me and said that i have candida. and my baby had 5 bug bites (or so i think) on his face, and he told me that they were blisters from bailey's body trying to release toxins for all the meds he has had. (little background...my son had open heart surgery 4 months ago, and a lot of meds....and his body is just now forming "blister" to release toxins???
. like i told him, the day before that i caught my son trying to eat a dead yellowjacket
:
... so at worst he was stung i think...).
Anyways, my point is, should i just go see him still and get the diet and follow his "rules" and trust him and pay all that money for every visit?? or should i trust the caution flags from my gut about him, and well, not pay him all that money, and find a nutritionist or another naturopath so see. (where i live we just dont have really any natural resources...) PLEASE HELP, sorry for the long post again, but i really need some advice and knowledge. TIA

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i was seeing him for my general health. I wanted to be put on a diet that was fit for my body, and becuase i have a friend who was seeing him, and she seems happy with him. He tells you what minerals your body needs (what you are lacking in...) and i thought that was important considering i have a baby born with a heart defect and a genetic condition. I thought maybe if i knew what my body needed i could help this in the future...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would trust your gut. Don't give up on naturopathic doctors -- they are just like any doctors. You have to screen them to see if they will work with you more as a consultant with you in charge rather than an authoritive figure telling you definitively what to do. I have met some naturopathic doctors who have a handful of vitamins and remedies and diagnoses that they use for everything. The doctor you are seeing sounds like he is making quick judgements and not listening to you, which are not qualities you want in a doctor.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
By all means trust your feelings! From what you have described I don't like the sound of him! Naturopathic doctors vary and have different experiences. I personally have more faith in MDs who also have naturopathic training.
The yeast connection website mentioned above can give you more info. Many believe that Candida is over diagnosed. I don't know what to believe. A naturopath also told me that my DS ,DH and myself have Candida although none of us have a lot of the typical symptoms. Our naturopath did test by putting things on out fingers that were connected to a computer. We are not 100% convinced either.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It would be worth checking out some of the candida sites on the internet and seeing if you have a number of the symptoms. If you're looking for a diet for your overall health as well as possibly candida you might want to check out the candida group on yahoo. It has tons of info on dealing with candida and healthy living in general.

Not sure where in AL you live but if it's at all close to Atlanta there's a great naturopath there that my family has seen off and on for years (helped with my mother's Crohn's disease and also helped my sister get pregnant after years of trying- although that's not exactly what he was treating her for
).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts