Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have no idea where to look for info on this, and google isn't much help to me right now.

I have an awesome spaghetti sauce recipe from my MIL - I make a giant double batch once a season or so, and have been freezing it. But canning it would free up so much room in the freezer for other stuff (like homegrown peas for instance). There is meat (sausage) in it, and according to dh, that's non-negotiable as far as taste goes.

So, I suppose my question is, how would I go about canning it correctly so I don't kill us all? With all the scary warnings about botulism I'm a bit terrified. And no one knows MIL's recipe (it's her secret recipe that I'm not allowed to share), so I definitely won't find it in the Ball Blue Book - which I've also managed to misplace somewhere in the mess we call a house.

I have a pressure canner (in addition to a water bath canner, but I know I can't use the water one for this purpose) and I do know that the pH of the spaghetti sauce is 5.
Thoughts/ideas?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Here's the recommended processing for spaghetti sauce with meat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.