Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm not a totally anti vax person, I hope I can find some help on this list. Like others here, I don't NOT vax, but delay the vaccinations, and split up when possible. I also don't do a few of the vax...<br><br>
At any rate, I've been splitting the MMR into the 3 seperate vaccinations. Part of this is due to an allergy my son has so it's imperative that we do this.<br><br>
At any rate, the Pharmacist that I go to to pick up the vax to take to my Doc, says that he can no longer get the Mumps vaccine. He says that Merck is telling him they are no longer producing the vaccine seperately - BUT a few months ago their "party" line was that they only wanted to sell directly to Doctor's. Now, Merck is denying this and saying that they aren't producing Mumps, Measles or Rubella anymore...<br><br>
Has anyone heard that Merck isn't producing the MMR seperately? Any good, safe online resources to get this prescription?<br><br>
I haven't addressed this with my Doctor yet - he's amazing, and would probably do whatever he had to to get me the vax, I just found this out though! My Dr. is a GREAT ped, who has a lactation consultant on staff full time, with full services, and is very holistic. I just find it LUDICRIOUS that Merck would force me to give my child MMR if I wanted any component of it, regardless of my child's allergies!!! He's an attending at our Children's Hospital so he may be able to find it, but it's so aggravating to find out that the pharmaceutical industry is doing this, in today's day and age...<br><br>
HELP!<br><br>
Amy

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I am attempting to find out. Last I heard it was on backorder. One of their folks called me yesterday but I couldn't answer the phone & I haven't had a chance to call her back yet. I'll try & do it Monday. You can find their phone # at their website if you want to give them a call.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Solving the single dose dilemma<br>
Any parents who have been unable to obtain single dose measles and mumps from their doctors because they come in 10-paks need to let Children of God for Life know at once. With the help of a pro-life doctor in Fl we are in the process of ordering the doses to be shipped from here to those in need in the US. We will ship directly to your doctor's office - providing they are willing to administer the vaccines - and it will not cost them a dime. The doses will arrive unsealed in refrigerated overnite shipping. Interested parents need to ask their doctors if they are willing to give the shot and if so, you should notify us at once at: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> .<br><br>
I got this in an e-mail a while ago, maybe it will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts