Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have suggestions for keeping up with my son? He has been so active since the weather has ben nice and wants to run around all day long. We go for walks, play in backyard, to the park, dance, etc., but he is an only child and he wants me to be running, jumping, and sliding with him. We have occasional playdates. I want him to be active and have fun, but I end up feeling like either a bump on a log or I overdue it. :{

·
Registered
540 Posts
No ideas, in the same boat, totally commiserating with ya...so damn tired and lazy!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm treading the same water, my little ones (8 on Friday, 6, 4, and 2) are running me ragged :/ I'm trying but feel like I can't find a balance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you have a pool nearby? Indoor trampoline/bouncy house type place where you can sit back and he can burn off energy? If so, if you can swing it, it may be worth a temporary monthly membership if he gets into it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
it's just me and my 2 year old all day long. she is always go-go-go! going to the park, working in the garden, riding her tricycle, painting is HUGE right now, as is playdough, and playing with her chalk and hopscotch. i guess i never really sit down or stop moving except for nap time (relief) but it is what it is. i also drop her off at the playcare at the rec center for an hour while i go work out, but since all of the schools are out as is preschool, it's always full and not an option now.
you can do it, mama!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I thought hiking was great at this age. There's a clear path to follow, lots of neat distractions, and it makes you feel more like an adult for a bit while still letting the kiddo burn energy.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What FluffyFlamingo said! We use the free play area at the local mall...contained, air conditioned, somewhere for mama to SIT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts