Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here! I'm a sahm to Rhiannon, 13 1.2 months born via emergency c-section. We're still nursing, when she's not eating crackers or pretzels lol. We live on Cape Cod and love it here! She's not too fond of the water yet, but I'm hoping that will change in time.
As for me, in what little spare time I have I love to read, crochet, catch up with dh and do yoga. Before I was a sahm I was a massage therapist. I'm actually in the process of becoming a certified infant massage instructor. While I would like to go back to work, I'd like to do it part-time when dh could be with Rhiannon. Daycare expenses are too much for us!
I look forward to talking to everyone!
Ann

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Welcome Ann! My son is 27 months-- I'm in Plymouth.

Short intro, ds is sleeping so off to try to catch up on everything!

Jessica

·
Registered
940 Posts
Welcome! We're up in Kingston. I love the Cape too.....although I'll be honest, I don't know how you year-rounders deal with all the tourists and vacation-cottage people in the summers

There are at least two other Cape mommas I know on MDC.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol Both dh and I grew up in the Boston area, so we're "transplants". We've learned in the summer how to get around the busy times here. Like, when to go out to the grocery store, when to travel over the bridge, stuff like that. Took us a while but once you get used to it, it's like second nature.
My mother lives in Plymouth and has been after us to go to the farmer's market there. Anyone know if it's any good?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi! I'm in Plymouth as well, and a few of us usually try to meet at the Farmer's Market every week, we meet at 1:30pm at the playground, then head over to the market when it starts at 2:30pm. It's a nice chance to get together, plus we browse the goodies at the market. I haven't been in awhile since I'm hugely pregnant, and chasing my toddler around the playground in this condition is less than appealing. But I will start going again once this baby makes her grand entrance.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ann,

Where are you? I'm on Cape Cod too - West Barnstable. I belong to a playgroup with a couple of other MDC mamas - where are you Kym and Kitty? We also have a LLL group here and we'd love you to join us at our meetings. One of our leaders is a massage therapist - she just got certified in prenatal massage. PM me for more info about LLL or playgroup.

Debbie

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Hi Ann,

I'm one of the MDC moms in the playgroup that Debbie (Capemom) mentioned. We'll be starting our regular meetings up again in September, but we still get together in the summer. It would be great to have more MDC moms join our group!

PM me any time... I'd love to meet you & your dd irl!

Take care,

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Hey ladies, just cause the farmer's market came up.... I thought I'd mention that this week the Toe Jam puppets are playing for free at the library at 1:00.

I thought we'd start there and if there is still energy, I'll head to the FM when it starts.

Jessica

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get to know you all.

I don't know Plymouth very well. Can anyone tell me where the Farmer's Market is? It sounds like fun!
Thanks!
Ann

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Hi Ann!

I'm on the Cape too in Dennis. I also belong to the playgroup with Kymholly and Capemom, somewhere around here kennedy444 is kicking around too.

PM me or Kym or Capemom and we can get together soon! Looking forward to meeting you and your DD.

Kitty

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello everyone! I am newbie on the Cape, just moved from Cambridge, now in Dennis. I hope to meet you at the LLL mtg and/or at the playgroup. Quick question for you...can you recommend a pediatrician in the mid-Cape area? I was going to go to Bass River Ped but they seem really, really busy.

Gabrielle
Independent Consultant for Big Yellow Box by Crayola
www.bigyellowbox.net/gabrielle

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Hi Gabrielle,
Welcome to Dennis! We used to go to Bass River Ped, they are pretty busy but there aren't that many pedis in the area. We use a family doctor now, I will PM you his name in case you are interested.
Hope to meet you soon.
Kitty

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Sorry about that, I wasn't sure if it went or not because I lost my connection. Just sent you a new one!
:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts