Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi there mommas!  I'm new to the Mothering boards and am wondering if there are any mommas here that live in/near Cape Girardeau, MO or Carbondale, Il?  I'd love to make some new mommy friends!</p>

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
<p>Have you tried the Cape area LLL group?  I understand that it is not well attended of late, but I'm friends with one of the leader-trainees from Jackson...she would be worth meeting!  She is a homebirth mom and doula/aspiring mw, and  would probably know of any other moms of young ones that you might want to meet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>there is also a FoMM group that meets in your area--quite a few crunchy moms there, too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Carbondale also has an active LLL group, and the leaders have been around C'dale forever and know everyone/everything Southern IL.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>good luck</p>

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
<p>I'm not in Cape, but about 45 mins south of there.  I am a working mom, so I only have two days off  a week that I usually spend with family.  I would call myself crunchy-adjacent. ;)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not involved in the Cape groups (mostly because of my schedule), but I have heard good things.  And my family and I usually go to Cape at least once a week just to get out of the house and spend time together.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Feel free to PM me if you want to!</p>

·
Registered
275 Posts
<p>Hi.  I live in Cobden, just south of Carbondale.  You can PM me too.  :)</p>

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>Hi!!  My family just moved to Murphysboro last month, and we would love to meet some more young families.</p>
<p>We just moved from Auburn, Alabama and we were part of a fantastic mommy and baby group.  It was a great way for us to have "mommy talk", have play time for the kids, coordinate play dates, celebrate birthdays, attend local events, etc...</p>
<p>We were a mix of stay-at-home moms and full-time moms. </p>
<p>I'm a full-time working mom, but have a flexible schedule.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts