Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My 5.5 yo ds is just over 40 lbs, so he has outgrown the one and only car seat he has had--the Britax Roundabout. He is average height, but a lanky little person. I'm getting stuck with the car seat question. I've googled extensively, but not finding a good overview and don't feel like I'm getting my mind around this. I'd appreciate some recommendations. We could do booster seat or 5 pt harness, and booster would be more convenient, but 5 pt, safer, correct? If that's the choice I'll go for safer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there one more safe car seat that will last us until he no longer needs one? It seems the Radian is good for not taking too much space in a smallish car (we have a Honda CR-V). What about Britax v Radian and the myriad of Britax choices and is there something cheaper than is just as good?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any answers or direction to a good web site would be greatly appreciated.</p>

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
<p>Try posting in family safety. It would help to know how tall he is too. We have the graco nautilis and really like it. Weight limit is 65 lbs. </p>

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
<p>I was going to say the same thing--post in Family Safety, and also that we just got a Graco Nautilus for my 4.5 yo (33 pounds, 40 inches). She'll be able to use the harness for a long time, and then she can use it as a backless booster, then as just a booster seat. She LOVES it and it is the most sturdy and substantial seat we've ever used.</p>

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Thanks to you both. I'll head over to Family Safety.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts