Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was looking up something totally unrelated and came across a British website of medical photos from all time periods. I registered and did a search for circumcision, penis and vulva. What I found was photos of all kinds of penile anomalies you could think of- STI's, cancer, mostly- and then vulva brought up photos of mostly vulvar cancer! Oh my. That's enough to scare someone into female circ, dontcha think?! Well- I guess you don't know since I can't and won't post photos here. ....
: Oh wait- they also have photos of "radical vulvectomy for vulvar cancer..."

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
That was some "Silence of the Lambs"-lookin stuff, right there.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I've worked in women's health for almost 30 years. I've never heard of anyone having cancer of the vulva until this year. Met a woman in a coffee shop and she shared her journey with cancer with me. Said the cancer was dx'ed 5 years before she had the vulvectomy but the drs were so sad to remove her external genitalia that they took a "wait and see" approach until there was no other solution. Wouldn't it be a great world if the prepuce was respected and revered in the same way by surgeons?
Baybee

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I had vestibulitis, I could have had a vestibulectomy however the Doctors wanted to try everything else first before cutting. A vaginal birth sorted thankfully after 3 years od pain but I also wonder why my genitals are safer from possible unnecessary surgery than a guys genitals. Doesn't make an ounce of sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts