Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large plastic bin of blank cards taking up much needed space on my desk. Space is at a premium in our tiny house. I wonder how many cards do I really need? I have already downsized once, actually. I have about 40 blank birthday cards and I can'teven begin to tell you how many blank cards I have that are good for all occasion.

I need this space. How many do you keep around?

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
uh . . . no more than a six month supply? how many do you typically use in a month?

if you have them because you like them but don't often send them out, i'd pull out ten favorites and put the rest away somewhere. start writing a note each week to a friend you haven't talked to lately. after a month, if you find this is not something you enjoy, get rid of most. keep maybe 20.

if you have them because you actually use them, keep 3-6 months' worth.

when someone has a birthday, do you really send them a card from your stash? how often? i have some cards which i will use on the rare occasion i remember to mail a birthday card to someone far away, but i usually just call or email, or for an actual get-together, i might write a note/letter in a normal blank card or write "happy birthday!" on a card i cut from a drawing/painting by my kids. if you use them, again, keep 3-6 months' worth. i can't imagine that being more than 10 . . . unless you are the queen of hand-written correspondence!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I probably have 40 cards total, and I probably use up the big box of 40 cards about every 2 years.

I say toss msot of them (and by toss I mean freecycle).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.