Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently made the decision to watch a couple of children in my home. My son has not rec'd any vaccinations since his 6 mo appt (at 7 mos). He is now 2.5 yo. and up to now, we have not had a lot of interaction with other children (other than park, library, etc). He has had numerous illnesses, and I suspect he may have had pertussis but no way knowing for sure.<br><br>
One of the children that I might be watching is a 3 month old who will be having vaccinations at 4 mos and again at 6 mos, etc. My question is this - which diseases could be transmittable to my son after the other baby has his vax? The other little boy who I will be watching is the same age as my son, and I don't know what vax they get between ages 2-4. The other thing is, this toddler is also in daycare and has been and will continue to be in daycare in addition to being with us. Should I be concerned - they do play together regularly already but not for more than a few hours per week. Anyone who can help, I appreciate it.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
You only have to worry about transmission from live vaccines. The only live one he will get before 12 months is Rotovirus. Be VERY careful with diaper changes since it's main mode of shedding is through feces.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts