Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a sweet little kitchen from Elves and Angels, its about a year and a half.

I have a couple questions:
One of the kids drew on it with pen on the shelf, and green marker on the cabinet door. Can I sand this to get it off? How will that affect the color - will it be uniform again at some point?

It gathers dust and dirt in the little nooks and cranny's on the stove top and in the corners. I try wiping it with a damp cloth, but it just seems to get impacted. Any suggestions to clean it?

Has anyone done anything like seal it with natural oils? I wonder if thats what I should do to help keep it clean.

Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
2,001 Posts
Mine came used and under-appreciated. I gave it a good cleaning with Murphy's Oil Soap, I believe, and then rubbed it with a combination of beeswax and mineral oil. That seemed to improve the look a lot and it's stayed looking pretty nice since then.

· Registered
3,337 Posts
You can sand the marker off and then reapply some beeswax. If you don't want to do that, you can try a Mr. Clean eraser. We had marker on our wooden table at home and it worked. Just make sure you wipe the spot afterward w/a clean damp rag to get the residue off. You probably would want to put beeswax over that also if you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.