Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, really soggy and probably pretty useless. But in the past few months since we've been living with carpet, we've become addicted to the little pre-vaccum carpet powders (I feel like such a dork admitting this). With a new baby on the way and hence more crawling in our future I really would like to find a more natural substitute. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
my fave: 8 oz of baking soda (more if you need it, just keep recipe in proportion) in a big mixing bowl, add 20 drops of orange essential oil, cut it in with a fork until all the drops are dispersed evenly. use a funnel to put it into an arm and hammer shaker can (i have prolly 5 all around the house, but now i buy my bs in bulk). i put it on the carpet at night after the kids are in bed, then vacuum first thing after we all get up the next morning.

you can use any eo that you really love the scent of, or you can use plain bs instead.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwithboys
no, i dont think anything would harm it.

jordysmom, your sig is so familiar...why cant i think of what movie that is???
I'm not jordysmom...but, it's from Fight Club....great quote!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.