Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it exist? I'm looking for a sling/carrier that crosses in the back to support my weak back and allow my little one to face forward and towards me. She loves facing out. She doesn't like having her legs folded in kangaroo in my sling anymore
I do the toddler hip hold now (she's 6 mo) but she lunges for everything & my back can't take it. The pressure the sling puts on 1 shoulder is too great for me. Help please!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would definitely choose a wrap or asian baby carrier (such as the Kozy). I have a shoulder/back injury from a car accident and find that both of these carriers are very comfortable for me. My son is 32lbs too.

I made my own wrap following the directions from www.mamatoto.org. You don't even have to know how to sew.

Angie

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you wear baby forward facing in asian style?

Thanks for the link!

Would anyone be willing to measure the length & width of their moby for me?

I can't afford ergo right now...

Thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I don't have a moby, but I am pretty sure it is 30inches wide and 6 yards long.

My woven cotton crinkle wrap is 39 inches wide and 5 yards long. I bought gauze off the $1 a yard table at walmart to make that wrap. No sewing necessary.

Angie

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes you can wear your baby forward facing in an ABC. However if it is something you are going to be doing a lot, I think you would be better off with a moby or a HaB as they are probably a bit more comfy for FF carries.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Kelty makes a nice front carrier called the Kangaroo. Very supportive for the back and you can carry baby facing in or out.

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelocks
Kelty makes a nice front carrier called the Kangaroo. Very supportive for the back and you can carry baby facing in or out.

Good luck on your search!
Who is Kelty? Thanks. Is that the mamaroo? I was wondering the difference between a mamaroo and a wrap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.