Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm carrying this baby super low and she's already dropped. Midwife says it's fine, etc., which is good, only it's sooo uncomfortable and lately it's preventing me from being able to pee comfortably.

When I sit down, my thighs squish my belly and it hurts a lot (baby doesn't like it at all either -- she kicks and pokes), and when I sit arched for more room, then I can't pee very well (baby is squishing my bladder or something).

I've tried lifting my feet up (made it worse) and pushing them off to the outsides of the potty (no change and hard to do as bathroom is tiny).

Is there a trick to peeing comfortably when you're carrying really low? This is the most bizarre problem I've ever had while pregnant.

Help? Thanks, mamas.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Ahh. I lean forward and lift the belly slightly, then back and lift the belly slightly. It seems to help. My problem is I am 39 weeks and SWEATY from my belly resting on my thighs. UGH. Underpants are an issue too they all dig due to carrying so low.

· Registered
3,198 Posts
Nighten I'm not carrying that low but nevertheless this whole pregnancy I've had to lean way forward and sometimes even lift my butt off the seat to empty my bladder when its full....or stand up.

This may sound weird but have you tried sitting on the toilet backwards? It might give you more room to lean back a little if you need that?

I never realized before this pregnancy that gymnastics was a requriment for peeing.

· Registered
417 Posts
i know is going to sound funny, but when i was in the last few weeks with dd1, i had to pee something fierce, so i ran to the bathroom, sat down and nothing. a dribble. so i sort of picked the baby up slightly in my belly, and eh, voila, she was pinching my bladder. so weird. i just put her back down when i was done. i told my midwife about it, and she just laughed and said, "pregnant bodies always amaze me."

anyway, not the question, but i thought it might be of use to someone anyway. i have just gone through the drop, and it is feels not good to sit up, so i lean back without arching. it feels a little strange on the hips. good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.