Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I have a Graco Snugride 22 carseat for my 3 month old DD. When I put her in her seat I tighten the straps, do the pinch test and move the chest clip way up, to the tops of her armpits. but just about everytime she's in the seat she wiggles her shoulder out and the strap is halfway down the top of her arm, so I lossen the strap fix it and tighten it back up, I cant possibly tighten it anymore than it is, I can't even grab anything to pinch most of the time, I have tried a little looser (while still passing the pinch test) and tighter (she spit up, coicidence I don't know but it was awful tight) and it still happens. Please someone have any advice for me? (she's on the lowest strap setting, she's at least 23 inches -well she was at her 2 month check)</p>

·
Registered
372 Posts
<p>Can you post pictures?  I just can't picture in my head how they can slip down if they are coming from below her shoulders and tight enough.  You don't have any head supports or a bundle me or anything in there do you?</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>just double-checking, are you using the right strap slot? the one at or just-below her shoulders? we never had this issue, so I don't have any fixes for it. she must have pretty narrow shoulders. </p>

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Next time it happens I will snap a pic, I don't have a anything in the seat I took out the newborn head support that came with the seat a while ago</p>
<p> </p>
<p>could the straps be too far below her shoulders?</p>

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
<p>It could be the problem if they are way WAY below her shoulders. In that case, some techs (bear in mind I am NOT a tech) will recommend moving up to the next set, provided they are less than 1/4" or 1/8" above the shoulders.</p>

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>hmm i don't know I just put her in and looked again it looks like the next slot would be too high to me... i am going to try to snap a pic next time</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts