Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Has anyone done this? My dh *says* he is going to make a tree house fairy/gnome house for the kids for xmass. I'm making the fairies & gnomes. I would like them to have a few chairs and a table. maybe a bed or two. I haven't carved wood before, but this doesn't seem like a hard project for a beginner.

Anyone have any tips, web tutorials, or books I could get from the library?

BTW, this is what I'm looking to make:

http://www.threesisterstoys.com/p-52...furniture.aspx

thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've been looking at that book for a bit now. I guess I should just bite the bullet and buy it.

Anyone have reccomendations of basic tools I need to get started? I'm sure I'm going to walk into the hardware store & look like an idiot!

thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I actually find that book remarkably unhelpful when it comes to woodworking. It doesn't have any information on wooden furniture - they're big on the "cut a section of branch and have the kids imagine it's furniture" philosophy. Honestly, I think you'd be better off saving the money and experimenting with a saw and a pocketknife, because that's pretty much the extent of advice they offer.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Does anyone have a tips for this? I made a manger out of a branch for a manger scene I made for my brother, but it seemed like it took more work than it should have for the result that I got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.