Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
MARSHFIELD, Mo. -- A mother and her live-in boyfriend are charged with child endangerment after investigators say they kicked her two kids out of the house. The investigation began after a passerby found a 12-year-old boy and his 6-year-old sister walking along Highway CC near Niangua.
http://www.ky3.com/newsdetailed.asp?id=8227

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
OMG that is so heartbreaking. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?! Those poor kids

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts

At the same time, though, I'm kinda glad this particular incident happened. It sounds like they were living in h$ll--- maybe now they can get some help (they've been abused, neglected and exposed to things no child should be exposed to).

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2

At the same time, though, I'm kinda glad this particular incident happened. It sounds like they were living in h$ll--- maybe now they can get some help (they've been abused, neglected and exposed to things no child should be exposed to).
I agree, it could have turned out worse. I am so sad for these children but well...I think of other threads we have seen here and think "Thank GOD they got out!!!"

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
My mother used to do this to me and my sister when we were little (the first time I remember it, I think I was about 5 and my sister 9)... sick, sick, sick people. I remember being TERRIFIED and not having a clue what to do.

Thank goodness that society has changed enough to side with the children now and get them the heck out of that environment.... (oh, and my mother fought my dad for full custody, claiming he was "incompetent" and the judge AGREED because my dad was living in an apartment at the time... my father gave up the house in the divorce so we kids wouldn't have to move.)

Let's just hope the mother in this story doesn't get those kids back without some MAJOR mental health screening, help and parent training.

Lo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.