Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if anyone has experience with finding a reputable cat breeder. I have never bought a cat before, I have always adopted homeless/shelter cats or rescued strays. However, my mother just lost her husband (my father) and is so, so lonely. She has 2 rescue cats currently in a big house and has said she would like a new kitten to give her something to love and cuddle up to and take care of. She's a great cat mom. I want to surprise her with a persian kitten because she has always wanted a white persian. She did have a himilayan (spelling?) years ago when I was young that she loved to bits. She wants a kitten, not a cat, because she has better luck integrating kittens into the other cats' lives than cats.

So, I was looking around at breeders (either in my area or hers, nyc/PA) and wasn't sure what I should be looking for-- I know so much about cats but nothing about breeding. And what about all the places selling teacup and mini persians? I never heard of that, is that a sub-breed Seemed weird to me.

Does anyone have any breeder recommendations, or a website to start a search? Thanks. I haven't ruled out another shelter kitten, just doing some research now.

ETA: i know the biggest flaw in my plan is that a breeder wouldn't sell to me and let it be a surprise. So, I may have to tell her so they can check her out and get her recommendations.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the advice! My mom is fine with doing all the daily upkeep, she is disabled and spends a great deal of time loving up and taking care of her pets. She brushes her 2 daily as it is, and had a himilayin in the past which took even more brushing. I was debating with the blues and whites.. Are the tear stains easy to clean? do you use those pet wipes made for that or something homemade?

thanks! and i found a breeder who had kittens born today. if anyone is a breeder and could PM me I'd love if i could show you the site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts