Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm in the unique position of being a Catholic married to a Lutheran pastor. I recently read an article in Time about pastor's wives, and from that I went to GPWN.com. The thing is, they have the following in their statement of faith:<br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God's infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.</td>
</tr></table></div>
Well, as a Catholic, I believe in Scripture and Tradition, and I believe it's backed by Scripture (2 Tim. 2:2 and 2 Thess. 2:15). I also believe in a different Biblical canon than the one they're professing. I mean, I believe in the 66 books of the Old and New Testament, plus a few more.<br><br>
Anyway, I'm trying to work out whether or not I can agree to this and still be true to my own beliefs. DH is telling me it just probably wouldn't be worth the stress, LOL, but it would be great to have a place to go for support.<br><br>
Thoughts?

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
how much does the statement of faith play into what you will receive from them?<br><br>
I wouldn't have a hard time signing it but I wouldn't feel comfortable laying my beliefs out there either. I would have to leave any of those conversations alone. but I would accept that.<br><br>
I would just see the statement of faith as saying anything i said or did had to line up with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts