Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Its the most wonderful day of the year.....

I go every year. i am a total scavenger and wait until sunday when everything is dirt cheap. Got a huge box of never used photo albums and a bag of shoes for a dollar each. And a few years ago dd got a bike for $2.00!

I'm going to look for cool socks to make baby leg warmers out of and maybe sweaters for soakers if I can figure out if ds is allergic to wool or just has a rash.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I go on Friday though. Have to get there early to get the good stuff

I'm even contemplating skipping school to go. You know it's bad when you are willing to play hooky for a deal.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Are you kidding? I would probably get ill if I didn't go. The worry and anxiety over the deals I might be missing would do me in. Even if I go and find nothing I need (read: want), I will feel better knowing that. Last year I wanted to go back, but I could not let dh know I'd been. So, Friday it is for me. I really should stay away this year, as we are set to moving in short order and into a significantly smaller space. However, there is part of me that says...yes, but think of all the useful things you might find for your new house. Anyone want to volunteer to come sit on me all day Friday?

Oh, and editted to add...we should hook up afterwards for an MDC luncheon. Could you gals be finished by lunch?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Never been hysterical women as far as I can recall.
Very unhappy and bored children, but people are pretty orderly.

I only go on Sunday because i don't really need anything. It's more like a treasure hunt for me. I want my $1.00 a bag stuff golldurnit!

Parking is $7.00 a car though, so I highly recommend a carpool. Raven refuses to go, so i have room for a couple people extra in my car. I have 2 toddler, 1 booster and 1 baby carseats installed, but can move then if need be.

My friend is parking her truck outside of the lot (in case we get furniture) and I'm driving her from there to the sale to save on parking fees.

BTW... there is usually a snowboard and ski sale in the other part of the expo center if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck is a good idea.

I'm driving up from Salem area on Friday after school. My neighbor and I are going together. Maybe I'll pack my kids in her car and drive up in the truck. Hmm. What a decision to make.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I want to go.. but my sis will be in town, and I doubt she'll be up for it. Angst, and Mamadaisy.. if you see some good CD deals, grab em for me and I'll pay you back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.