Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here and I'm glad to be posting in a forum that seems to be full of intelligent, dedicated mothers/women/parents. I am 5 months pregnant and thrilled about it.

My husband and I have been married for 8 years (got married super young) and we have lost 3 babies in that time. Twin boys, Asher and Nathaniel, at 23 weeks, and Shiloh (unknown gender) at 10 weeks. This baby is very much wanted and loved. I have anxieties about this baby's health/survival as well as about being a good mother. I am excited to have found MDC because of the sense of community and the variety of well-thought out ideas and facinating experiences of the people here.

I am also a newbie labor and delivery nurse at a fairly "crunchy" hospital. I learn something new everyday from every single woman and baby and I love hearing the different experiences and opinions of those who have BTDT. I try VERY hard to LISTEN to my patients and respect them and their wishes for their birth and to make it a happy memory. I still have TONS to learn and I don't think for one second that I can't learn from "non-medical" people about birth.

Let's see...also, in short: I read a lot, we're Christian libertarians, I'm a good cook, we eat organic, local meats and veggies most of the time, I LOVE wine and coffee, I ride my bike to work, we will homeschool/unschool our kids, I have a major case of "travelbug" and I LOVE my husband. I rarely think I have "the answer" -- I don't think most of life is black and white. I'm an introvert but I'm not shy. I'm easy-going and my smile comes easy too. I dream of having a family that loves each other and supports each other through everything.

· Registered
3,490 Posts
Sarah...it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. I doubt you'll have a problem being a wonderful mother. Congratulations! Check out the Due Date Club for your EDD. Lots of women say they grow close relationships with members through the DDC's.

· Registered
14,304 Posts
to MDC please check out all the forums.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.