Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I attended Bradley classes with my first pregnancy, the teacher taught in the clubhouse of her townhouse complex. She had a private room in there, that she was allowed to store her materials in, and use for classes.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Our church has it's offices in a storefront. I will be able to use that free of charge. I will use that if I have 2+ Mamas. For just one couple I'll go to their home.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I put in a proposal to my church and they said yes. And for free!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I work with a CBE and she teaches classes upstairs at the local ice cream parlor.....they have a space where they have birthday parties on the weekends, and the owner lets her use the space. It's a nice place for new parents to meet and make friends.......
A number of years of ago I organized a class and asked the women if we could have the classes at one of their homes.....it turned out great...we all took food and visited before class. For the last classs we did belly masks - it was a great group of women and they are still friends.
Carla

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The ice cream store!? The pregnant ladies must love that!

I teach at a clinic for uninsured young moms. I also teach independent classes at a local birth center. The clinic pays me, and I rent or barter class space at the BC and charge per couple. The BC classes are more natural- though I try to be holisitc in my approach to all classes I teach.

I also do private consults for doula work either at the clinic or in my kitchen at home..

·
Registered
852 Posts
I teach Bradley out of a midwife's office. I rent space and teach on the day the office is closed.

I know others who have found hospitals like having the classes taught there and will give free space.

Yoga studios are another choice...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts