Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been taking the CVS-brand OPK's since CD 14 and still negatives (now CD 17), plus no other sx of O (no cramping, no significant CM)...And I know I'm being paranoid but I'm starting to bug out! My cycles run 31-33 days the past couple months...Gah! Am I prematurely freaking??? I'm trying to mentally tell my ovaries to O...and trying not to get paranoid which isn't easy given how badly i want this to happen!!!

Any other late O'ers out there to encourage me? I think I o'ed around CD 16 last month...but we weren't TTC then so I wasn't testing or anything. And I'm not temping cuz I'm too forgetful..

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Yeah, I have a 28-29 day cycle and I usually O around CD 18 or 19. Is this the first time that you have been using OPKs? They work great for me and I can always see a very clear shift when they go positive, but that's not the case for everyone, so def keep an eye out for other fertility signs!

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I usually O at day 18 or 19 of 30d cycle. Don't freak out

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I've been O'ing on cd18 lately so I wouldn't freak yet

·
Registered
189 Posts
another one to chime in... my cycle has been around 33 days and I ovulate around CD20 i think (based on CM, not temping, so I cant say for sure).

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Generally, you O about 12-14 days before your period. So, going by that range, if you've got a 33 day cycle, you should expect to ovulate around CD 20. If you have a shorter luteal phase, it would be a few days later. So guess anywhere between CD 19-CD 21.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Man! I was just going to post something similar. For the past 4 mos I have o'ed at day 16 and today is day 17 and I haven't even had any evidence of a surge on OPKs, which means I won't o until at least 19 or beyond
This is also my first cycle drinking FERTILITEA which contains vitex, and I realize I have been drinking it a lot, and just googled vitex and delayed ovulation and got a lot of hits (grrr). It sucks when you are waiting w/bated breath and doing a 4 hr urine/fluid hold for NOTHING!!! Hang in there.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Oh yeah, I am way late O'er.. I tested at 8dpo with this pregnancy, because for me, at 8 days, my period was late. So that was day 21 I think?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yay, okay im feeling much better. i think i do tend to O late. woo! my CM has been pretty scant (present, but nothing like the stuff i get typically later in my cycle, even up to the day before my period comes..)

thanks chicas!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts