Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was getting my hair done on Sat as we had a wedding to attend... A lady was waiting, and talking about how she had taken up running and in between that, knitting and chasing her 4 kids, she had so little time.. I spoke up... You knit? Do you know how to knit diaper soakers?

She said, Sure! She used to knit soakers for her cloth diapers.

OMG, my heart stopped! We got to chatting and she use to order diapers from cloth diaper exchange and make her own including 7th heaven diapers, and choochoo booties. Her youngest is potty learning now, but she gave up cloth when she had to move and left them at her moms in Washington. We chatted a few more minutes, but then I had to go. SOO COOL, though!

I totally gave her my email addy and number. Will see if she calls me!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was just coming on here to share my IRL CD chat story.

Isn't it fun when you find someone who totally gets you and the whole CD thing in real life. Whoo Hoo for that mom. I hope the CDs she left in Washington are safe and going to another loving home.

Jake and I were at the park this morning and he was wearing the soaker shorts I finished knitting for him last night and a lady came up and asked who made my soaker. At first I was stunned and had to think for a minute what a soaker was and why she was talking to me. Then it clicked, Oh Jake's shorts! I made them
. She replies, "they are beautiful your brave for letting him wear them to the park. I save all my wool for home i'm afraid it would get ruined if she wore it tot he park."

I said, "well he doesn't wear his Mosaic Moon or Baby Woolies to the park but I don't mind if he wears out a pair of shorts I made or a BJ Marketplace. She says "Oh you have a Mosaic Moon I saw those at a web site the other day WHAM Chicks.com its an auction site I stumbled across." Me thinking to myself you don't know about MDC do you?

I say, "Yeah I love WAHM Chicks and their charity auctions." then Jake fell down I went to tend to him and I looked up she was walking away taking her DD to the car. I was kinda bummed and wondering if I offended her in some way or something? I said excuse me when I went to go pick up my crying babe who just fell off the little turtle climbing thing. Oh well, makes me feel good to run into other CDing moms.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think I would also be speechless if I met another CDer IRL. No one has ever even noticed DDs cloth at the park. If they do comment on her knit wool and I mention the CD thing they get that blank glazed look and kinda go uh-huh... Most people think the knit wool is just cute homemade clothing.

I hope that the lady at the hairdresser get in touch with you. Maybe you can get some custom wool from her.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That is sooo cool!!

I was spending 3 days with my mom at a cabin last week and on day 3 she said "Y'know, Bruce (her youngest brother) used to wear covers like that. We called them soakers" I laughed and told her they were still called soakers to which she replied, "Yes, but he didn't even have to wear rubber pants under his!"
Okay Mom, see? Here's the soaker and under it is just his diaper! She drinks a bit much, so I'm not sure if she ever understood. Obviously she has never changed his diaper
I did tell her that if she had used soakers on me I wouldn't have had such bad rashes. I broke out as soon as I peed in a dipe that was covered by whatever material was used in the late 50s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts