Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know we have a hard time finding pants to fit our CD'd babes. I'm so excited to have this adorable set from Shandelle (todzwife). The pants have extra rise built in so that they fit great over CD's. She'd been talking about having made them for her own son Dallin so of course I had to try and see what the fuss was about. She was right they do fit great over CD's.

I tried them this morning over an SOS with a doubler and a mama-knit soaker and the fit is great! I wish mainstream pants from retailers were still sewn like this, I've had the hardest time with Old Navy and Gap lately (short rise booty shorts, anyone?). But these I'm pleased to report caused no diaper crack. Hooray! And they're so cute to boot - she made a fishy set for my little Pisces.

Look at the fit over the diaper and soaker:

Front of set
Back of set
Booty shot (no diaper peeking out! and cute little fishies)

Shandelle is a very talented seamstress and I'm so glad to have this adorable little set Avery can wear out without showing off her diaper to everyone (well, I show off her diaper a lot, but I like to be in control of that thank you
: ). We've been having that problem a lot lately with pants from mainstream stores. Either it's showing off the diaper or if I get them big enough to cover the diaper, they're a foot too long in the inseam.

Shandelle also made her another cute little pair of velour snowflake-print pants with the same style to fit over her diapers, but Aves was being a little uncooperative this morning so I didn't get to try those on her yet

Can you tell I'm excited? Clothes that fit my babe! YAY!

· Registered
6,183 Posts
How cute! Avery is so cute and chunky

Shandelle and I did a trade (pants for an AIO) and she went out and found fabric for me. I can't wait to get them. I got pink camo for DH :LOL

I have to put Kai in 18 month stuff for it to fit her but I think she might be wearing that size anyway, even in sposies. She's pretty big for a five month old!

· Registered
6,036 Posts

Awww!! Julia...Avery is such a doll baby!! That outfit is too cute!
the fishy's!

Yeah...I'm getting pretty tired of the dipe showing, too, that is if I can actually *get* the pants on him w/ a dipe!!

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by averymybaby
Shandelle also made her another cute little pair of velour snowflake-print pants with the same style to fit over her diapers, but Aves was being a little uncooperative this morning so I didn't get to try those on her yet
Oh, and post a pic of the snowflake pants when you can get them on her! Velour! Sounds wonderful!

· Registered
5,920 Posts
Julia, she is just the cutest little thing!!!

That outfit is really cute! I have the same problem with C's pants, he's on the short side and you can only roll them up so much before they look awful!

I think this mama is going to be busy, busy, busy soon!

· Registered
7,238 Posts
oh those are sooo sweet! Shandelle is sooo talented! the site looks fantastic
I've been so lucky to have Shandelle sew some awesome stuff for us- wipes, fleece-topped doublers, etc. She's truly amazing!

Pink camo......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.