Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camille had her 2 wk check today and the nurses had me get her undressed to her diaper to measure her and then take that off to weigh her.

I almost peed myself--the nurse says "If that's wet, you can just throw it in here" (pointing to a trash can!! )

I said, "No it's cloth, I don't think I'll be throwing it away" ---of course thinking to self--why on earth would I toss her cute little Tootsweet dogwood cover!! ??

Just guessing the nurse doesn't see many adorable wool covers!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
:LOL It's funny how people don't even notice cloth. It's so ingrained in people's mind that cloth is a thing of the past that they assume your baby is in a sposie.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
the nurse at our ped. did the same thing. She commented about how cute the cover was, but dd needed to be stripped "down to her pamper" When I told her that was a diaper not a cover, she of course started in with "people still use cloth?"

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I had an interesting conversation once with a nurse....

Nurse: Oh those are cute shorts she has on!

Me: Nope, that's a diaper.

Nurse: Oh so that goes over her Pampers?

Me: Nope she doesn't wear Pampers, this is her diaper.

Nurse: Oh my, fabric diapers?????

Me: Yep...

Nurse: Oh so what do you do? Do you wash them and use them again?

Me: Yep....

Nurse: What a cool invention!!! They didn't have diapers like that when MY kids where little!!!

I had someone tell me the same thing about a sling once.... a sales lady at a furniture store said "Oh my look at that, that must be something new! They didn't have those when my kids were born!" Of course, I said, "No, these have been around for centuries, in some cultures women have always worn their babies using fabric wraps such as this one"

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
:LOL That is funny about the slings and cd's being a new invention

The nurse who saw Aislyn at her 1 week check up, actually had the nerve to say that they couldnt weigh her in her diaper because the machine was set up for sposies! So she had to put a sposie on her, but feel free to change it back afterward. Oh and she was irritated because she had to use a new diaper and there was no pee in it. She said they are used to weighing them wet. Sorry my baby came clean and in a cloth! (heavy tones of sarcasm)
:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spicensnail007
:LOL That is funny about the slings and cd's being a new invention

The nurse who saw Aislyn at her 1 week check up, actually had the nerve to say that they couldnt weigh her in her diaper because the machine was set up for sposies! So she had to put a sposie on her, but feel free to change it back afterward. Oh and she was irritated because she had to use a new diaper and there was no pee in it. She said they are used to weighing them wet. Sorry my baby came clean and in a cloth! (heavy tones of sarcasm)
:
They calibrate their scales for wet disposable diapers!?!?!
:
I don't know whether to cry or laugh!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not one single person in our doctor's office said anything. It's like they didn't even notice. Oh, well!!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrank411
yeah, the nurse at my ds's ped. made the comment "oh, these are such cute wraps". (ds was wearing a FB) I think she thought it was some sort of cover over a sposie

I get that all the time. People are always telling me what a cute "cover" Holden is wearing. I always make sure to point out that we cloth diaper, that there's no yucky sposie underneath!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The first time my ped saw our cloth, he simply said that his wife cded their children with a service years ago. That is it and he has never said a thing since.

The nurse said, "I remember you. You are the only one who comes in with the cute, weird diapers."

I often get, "So.....you throw this away?" or "You wash these yourself?"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.