Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm working on building up a diaper stash as we get closer to our daughter's arrival in March. Baby will be home with me for about 2 months and then will be in daycare (where I work) after that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I already have...</p>
<p>3 XS Thirsties covers coming my way</p>
<p>5 S Thirsties covers. These were a hand-me-down and I'm not tied to using them</p>
<p>4 M Thirsties covers. Again, not tied to these.</p>
<p>1 S Thirsties fitted. Came with the above covers.</p>
<p>9 BG 3.0s</p>
<p>3 Flip covers (what inserts do I use with these??? they were seconds and came without inserts)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am planning to get and/or registered for...</p>
<p>a few more XS covers (how many?)</p>
<p>Newborn fitteds (I'm considering Kissaluvs. Anyone have experience with the Green Mountain Infant Fitteds? How many do I need?)</p>
<p>BG 4.0s (how many?)</p>
<p>diaper sprayer</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What am I missing? Any insight would be appreciated!!!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>Wow, what a great start someone has given you!  Get some newborn prefolds (Green Mountain Diapers orange edge would be great, and make wonderful doublers in the toddler years) and then maybe some red edge.  If you have enough money, get a couple dozen yellow edge maybe, too.  Personally, if I had to do it again, I would skip fitteds, the elastic wears out, kissaluvs get crunchy fast.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Prefolds can be snappied or trifolded into a cover, and some BumGenious for daycare or out and about would be fabulous (and similar to our stash, only our brand of choice is Fuzzi Bunz).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Get maybe 3 more xsmall, or some Thirsties Duo covers size 1.</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>I know a mom who has flip covers, and just uses a tri-folded prefold in them. </p>

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
<p>I'd consider getting some Thirsties Duo size 1 covers instead of more XS - I've read that they fit earlier than the XS and then you can also adjust them to fit longer, which seems like a win-win.  But consider the kinds of fitteds you'll put under them first - not all fitteds have a shape that works well under all covers.  Also, keep in mind that you can use the Flips as regular covers, though I'm not sure if they get small enough for a brand new babe.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We've gotten some XS ME Sandy fitteds for our little one due in April.  They were actually second hand and feel very soft and are in great condition, which reinforces what I've read about these fitteds.  They are supposed to be very good at poop containment also.</p>

·
Registered
63 Posts
<p>I really liked the GMD fitted for newborn (first 2 months). Got a great deal on some with no closures and used a snappi which is wonderful. 9 of these and a bunch of prefolds worked well for us. I am now (3 months later) in love with GMD flat diapers, size M-very economical and versatile.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was also given Thirsties covers and used them some. I am completely sold on wool pants now though because they cut down the articles to be removed for each change, and are super cozy.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts