Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the diaper bug again. A few weeks ago I bought half a dozen indian preemie prefolds (I hope I can use them as doublers or something b/c I doubt my baby will be small enough for them...they are tiny!) and half a dozen unbleached chinese infant prefolds which look huge compared to the IPF's.

Then I scoured ebay and found several covers. A newborn prowrap which looks incredibly too small, a couple of bummi super snaps, a froggy print whisper wrap, and a ME airflow, which looks big. I've got 4 gerber velcros and a couple of dappi pullons for back up covers.

I want some fitteds and I've been eyeing kissaluvs, but I just don't think I can afford them...I keep watching on ebay, but they resale for almost as much as new. So I've considered ME Sandy's and I've considered borrowing my aunt's serger and getting some flannel to make my own, but I don't have a snap press and would have to pin them, which I guess isn't the end of the world, since I pin prefolds anyway.

Anyone else aquiring cloth for the baby? How's your stash coming?

Christa

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I've bought way too much already....figured I'd get some fun things now while I'm working and have some weekly "play" money...

Found some AIOs and fitteds on the Trading Post and ordered some preemie and infant prefolds, too (like you, figured I'd use the teeny ones as doublers and burp cloths if nothing else)

I've knitted a bunch of soakers in all sizes and 2 pairs of wool pants....justifying the money saved on those can go for dipes....

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I have 2 dozen kissaluv 0's and 1 dozen preemie IPFs on their way. I think I am going to dye the prefolds when they get here. I am going to just use the pull on bummi pants until she can fit into some cooler covers

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
i have also gotten too much.. i just got a super cute soaker in the mail and soaker set with a little apron top. oh my gosh, so cute! im probably going to use mostly Pf's but i have lots of fitteds, but i have small babies, or at least elwynn was tiny and still is, he fits some of the NB diapers i have... :LOL im not going to buy anymore, and i may go through my stash closer to november and find some stuff i dont need..

im also knitting like crazy ive made 2 soakers and almost finnished a pair of LTK longies.. im hoping to make a bunch more things before november comes.. there is a pic of some of the things on my sprout link

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Well, I have a stash of fitteds and whatnot, but no covers. (well, except a wonderoo- 50p off ebay.
) Four totsbots size 2 (bought new but reduced), and 9 fitteds and prefolds that I picked up cheap from the women who run the Real Nappy Campaign up in Cambridge. (I'm not meant to be buying for the baby yet- Steve wants me to wait until after the 20 week scan, but if it's cheap he'll turn a blind eye.) This week should be a good week for shopping, though, because a lot of the online retailers are running discounts because this is national Real Nappy Week- 25% off growing greens, stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I am so totally overwhelmed by all the choices that I can't do anything more than bookmark websites for later perusal. I have been knitting soakers, but even then I'm freaking out that I'm spending all this time with a pattern that might not even work for my baby. I tentatively registered for a bunch of hemp/cotton prefolds, using the same logic as y'all that they're good "multipurpose" baby items, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Is anyone else totally putting off this decision?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.