Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't start cloth diapering my son until he was 2 months old and now I'm expecting a new baby at the end of May. What is the best, easiest, and fairly cheap way to cloth diaper a newborn? Are prefolds and covers the way to go? Will I need preemie size prefolds or infant size? Newborn or small size covers? My son was 7.5 pounds when he was born and by 2 months he was in a medium size diaper so he grew very quickly. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Well, the best and easiest system would depend on who you ask.
Whats best for you and your babe may not be best for someone else, so its best to try out different things and see what works for you!

I think the infant prefolds were too big on my 7 lber so I am suing preemie prefolds this time, you will def. need some nb covers too.

I am sure you will get some other great answers too!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
If I got to CD a newborn again, I would definitely go with prefolds and covers. I don't even know how to use a prefold, but I would learn. I"ve used AIOs with my dd, and while they were super easy to use, they take too long to dry for to how frequently they need to be washed

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
I used pf's and wraps with a few of my other kids, and also have large newborns, but this time I splurged on fitteds. There are too many other people in the house capable of chaning diapers but not 'prefold' adept. I got some Kissaluv size 0 and muttaquin nb's. At 1 mos. she has pretty much outgrown the Muts, the KL still fit, but we are beginning to have an absorbancy problem (as in, one pee and you have to change her. She sleeps in a FB!) They have good resale value, so I'm not worried about the outlay.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
If I had it to do over again, I would get

24 infant prefolds
12 flats
6 Kissaluvs 0 or other newborn fitted
6 newborn and 6 small Bummis Super Whisper Wraps
1 wool soaker
2 Snappis

That would just about do it for us!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.