Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hello friends,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is my first post, as I just discovered this site -- We started CDing our 4mo DD about 2 weeks ago....  I got a bunch of CD from one of my friends and so I have a whole set to start with!  My problem is that the dipes are a size medium fuzzibunz from about 4 yrs ago and they seem to wick through to her clothes...  Is there any way that I can keep this from happening?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, I wanted to know which brand are best to use if you want a OS dipe?  I have a couple of BGs from my friend but I think they leak at the leg area....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a bunch!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Heidi Berns</p>
<p>Mom to Tim(13), Ryann(8), Cullen(6), Tarquinn(4), and Tadhgann(4mos)</p>

·
Registered
51 Posts
<p>I would strip your diapers and see if that helps.  Here is a <a href="http://www.earthycrunchymama.com/2010/12/stripping-cloth-diapers/" target="_blank">guide of stripping</a>. Also make sure that the diapers are fitting correctly.  Medium may be too big on a 4mo.  Here are my <a href="http://shop.earthycrunchymama.com/collections/clothdiapers" target="_blank">favorite diapers</a>. I love: The Flip, Thirsties Duo, GroVia (both hybrid & AIO) and Rumparooz. You can check out my reviews too. </p>

·
Registered
399 Posts
<p>We actually started using Medium FBs on our DD when she was 4 months old and never had a problem (unless they needed to be stripped). I agree with PP that you should probably strip the diapers to see if that helps. Also, check the laminate on the inside of the PUL to make sure it hasn't torn or gotten holes in it. If that's the case (and I really hope it's not) then the diaper(s) with bad PUL are pretty much useless unless you use them as covers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For OS diapers, we use FuzziBunz also. They are super adjustable, very sturdy (yet still squishy soft) and they are narrow through the crotch which I love because on smaller babies they won't have so much bulk in between their legs, and older children will have (in my opinion and experience) a greater range of movement once they become mobile for the same reason. I bought a Rump*A*Rooz during a black friday sale and I don't honestly like it that much. It's a OS, but the rise seems terribly low. My daughter is 26lbs, 30 inches tall, and the diaper sits just above her pubis. That's a bit low to me. Also, it seems a lot bulkier than our FBs.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts