Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, going from a previous thread where the notion was mooted it would do wonders for CD'ing, for a celeb mama to be photo'd with with cloth on her babe's bum...

So, ladies, who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a celeb mama whom we can fairy with a pretty fitted for their baby's bum that they can get photographed in? Or who knows someone's publicist who can recommend a pretty fitted for a baby photoshoot?

Or would Mothering mag invite a celeb mom who may be known for her slight crunchiness for a photoshoot and who might be willing to carry the CD'ing flag? It's not as thought they even need to wash the dipes themselves, LOL! I'm sure they have househelp to do it!

I'm too far away and have zero contacts but I'm sure among all our illustrious and passionate mamas here, there are plenty ideas to start the ball rolling!
Whaddaya think??

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
"the notion was mooted"

I've never heard that expression...what does it mean?

The only famous people I know don't have kids.
Of course I am famous.

oxox pam

edited to add:

I looked it up and now I know what it means. How exciting to learn something new.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I think that's a great idea! Although I don't know how to make it happen. I've been thinking about this since I saw someone post on a thread here the other day that "cd'ing is trendy." I really didn't think it was trendy, but I bet it would be if Apple was photographed wearing CD's.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I believe moot means they didn't care for the idea. I want celebs to use cloth and make it more popular but how will we get anything if this happens?
Can you imagine what the appliqued KP on ebay would be at if it was for Apple?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've thought a few times about sending something way over the top to Jane Pratt (of Jane magazine) just cause a) she is a semi-new mom and b) who better to appreciate cloth than a fashion mag editor. I just don't have ( or can afford, lol) anything hyena-ish enough to send her.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piffle
I believe moot means they didn't care for the idea. I want celebs to use cloth and make it more popular but how will we get anything if this happens?
Can you imagine what the appliqued KP on ebay would be at if it was for Apple?
Nope, not in this case. It means the idea was put forth. Different than a "moot point" which sorta means something no longer worth discussing.

sorry
T

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelamama
Nope, not in this case. It means the idea was put forth. Different than a "moot point" which sorta means something no longer worth discussing.

sorry
T

Cool! Thanks! Now I learned something new!!
Ok - this thread is a moot point now. (just testing my new word)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm
: to ask... but who is Apple??

Anyway, keep this thread going, mamas, can we see more ideas here? How about that thing about 6 steps away from someone famous... I don't know what it's called... but the idea is, we are all 6 steps removed from someone else in the world, so if we all dredge up someone who knows someone - up to 6 times :LOL: we might come up with someone we can target...???

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kellieblue
My dad is (well, was) friends with the parents of the publicity manager for U2. Do any of them have young kids? :LOL
who cares about the kids... can you get me a date with bono ??? :LOL just be sure to tell him to wear his leather pants

:

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleIslandMom
I'm
: to ask... but who is Apple??

Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter. I didn't know who they were talking about at first either. Then I remembered I heard someone famous named their baby that and did a google search.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
My mom got me the publicist for Courtney Cox and has been hounding me to send her dipes/covers. I'm guessing that maybe it'd be a good thing.
(My friend/my mom's friend's daughter's god father works at WB and know her pub. - how many degrees is that? :LOL )

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, AniT!

Yeah, it's the 6 degrees of separation, that's right!! MyLittleWonders, if we count properly, it would appear to be exactly 6 degrees between you and Courtney Cox, :LOL!

I know, it seems a bit strange to fairy a rich and influential celeb with a cloth diaper, something they may not even look at a second time, but I have 2 views on it: on the one hand, it might be better to write them a letter introducing them to the joys of CD'ing, inviting them to find out more about it, etc. On the other hand, we all know there's nothing more powerful than a first-hand view of a cute, cuddly diaper that they can use right off the bat. But I wouldn't want to waste a dipe, KWIM.

I think working through a publicist would be a good idea as they're the image-shapers who can persuade the celeb something is a good idea or not. Wouldn't it be great to send a letter to the publicist and propose the idea first?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts