Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I couldn't find any other forum that this fit into perfectly so I thought I'd give it a try here. I'm co-hosting a co-ed parent blessing this Saturday. I'm in charge of the short formal ceremony. Things are going great on most fronts but I'm stumped by one thing. I found a beautiful Mother's Blessing poem to read to the mother at the close of the ceremony but can't find anything fitting for the father. Argh. I've scoured the internet for something suitable to no avail and I'm simply not the creative writing type. Has anyone seen anything that might work?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is the Mother's Blessing:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;"><b>A Mother's Blessing</b></span></p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"> </p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Breathe deeply and know that you are not alone.</span></p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">The Mothers of all the ages are smiling as you walk the well-worn path of Motherhood.</span></p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Breath deeply and know that your questions will be answered.</span></p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">One by one, like seeds sprouting in the garden, insights will reveal themselves to you as you open and trust yourself.</span></p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Breathe deeply and know that you are blessed.</span></p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Sacred life stirs in you, awaiting it's time to shine forth, like nothing you have ever known before, it will astound you with its overwhelming brilliance.</span></p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0in;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;"><i>Donna ****** Watelet for</i> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mother Rising</span> <i>by Cortlund, Lucke & Watelet</i></span></p>

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
<p>Maybe you could write something that follows the same pattern at the mother's blessing.  Do you know any recent fathers who could help?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe something like:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Breathe deeply and know that you too are not alone.</span></p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"> </p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">As you begin this journey, a multitude of fathers walk beside you.</span></p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"> </p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Breath deeply and know that your questions will also be answered.</span></p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Truth and wonder will reveal itself to you, as the beginning of a new day.</span></p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">Breathe deeply and know that you both are blessed.</span></p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;"><span style="font-family:'Arial Narrow', sans-serif;">A new life will open your mind and heart in great and astounding ways that you never dreamed possible.</span></p>
<p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:0px;">or, you know, whatever...</p>

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Thanks for the quick reply. Sometimes I forget that simple gets the job done and can be beautiful too. I'm going to work with this. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>If anyone else has any ideas I'm still open. Heck, I have 3 days right!?</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts