Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed my 7 month old has been having some odd rashes, poops and such. I was researching the items online and I am wondering if she might have celiac's or a wheat allergy? She has small red bumbs on her belly and diaper area, also a small patch under her armpit. Her poops are often light colored and watery and VERY explosive. Other times they are "normal". Anyone have experience with a baby with a wheat allergy or celiac's?<br><br>
Thanks-

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Hi mama. We have a wheat allergy here. Have you tried a food diary and elimination trial? This could tell you alot. Wheat exposures (and you'll find its in everything when you start looking) cause dd: allergy ring around her anus, burning hot dipe rash and then the skin peels off, little bumps that start on her belly and then spread up her chest and sometimes over her whole body, fussiness, lots of extra and wet poos, pink in the fluid around her bms, eczema and cradle cap. But everyone's symptoms are different. We're on a gluten free diet to help us heal from consuming wheat. Are you EBF? If your baby is sensitive to wheat while you're BF then you have a digestive problem yourself. Try the food diary and elimination trial... and probiotics for both of you can't hurt.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm going through an ED at present because my 10 m. o. DD has been reacting to every grain. She has digestive issues whenever I eat grains. She also has had some skin problems such as diaper rash, dry skin, some very tiny raised red areas. She just nurses and doesn't eat any foods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts