Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several researches and PHD professors whom study immunology and I sat crammed in this small coffee shop. We talked about vaccinations and how the immune system is retarded by them. I learned something new today (although thinking strict about it I could have assume it was so) about macrophage cells and toxicity. I thought I would share this with all of you as it is very interesting. As our bodies are introduced to chemicals it has the ability to mimic the behavior. For example, when we come into contact with bleach, it really burns our skin. Cells are destroyed or damaged which causes the immune system to respond. The macrophage has the ability to encapsulate this and use it as a squeeze. For example, when we come in contact with a virus the macrophage can squeeze itself and release a toxin(bleach) which will destroy good cells but the major area infected is wiped clean. Macrophages are big eaters but can also be used for storage.

So why is this interesting and why is it important? Research from MIT was curing cancer with a indirect approach. If we inject proteins into a cancer area and activate them with UV light it killed many cancer cell by perishing. Sadly the proteins had a awful time getting there as the body would consume them before reaching the target area. We could possibly use macrophages for a more direct approach. It could work yet remember that the toxic level when released has the potential to produce massive damage unless the macrophage consumes it again.

Our immune system is fighting for us in the most unique way. I know from my research that the macrophage cells engulfs memory cells for a protective transport(did not know about it using it for assault). This really opens up thinking on the possibilities and potential. Remember, this only possible by stressing the immune system for weeks if not months.

·
Registered
404 Posts
What mode of exposure yeilds these results for macrophages being able to do this? (Contact, eating, mucosal, injecting).

Secondly, with heavy metal accumulation in the body, are they able to release the metals into tissue when theres infection or inflamation, say depositing them in the brain like you see with many neuron based disorders?

would love some reading material on that or just some keywords for searching.

tnx for sharing

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
also meant to ask. Is this simular to molecular mimicry?

Thanks for that, I never thought about it but it has to be why.

"What mode of exposure yeilds these results for macrophages being able to do this? (Contact, eating, mucosal, injecting).

Secondly, with heavy metal accumulation in the body, are they able to release the metals into tissue when theres infection or inflamation, say depositing them in the brain like you see with many neuron based disorders?

would love some reading material on that or just some keywords for searching.

tnx for sharing"
I think this only can be released by orders from a dentritic cell. Innate cells are very dull and do the same clean up over and over. Why a macrophage cell consumes and stores maybe very well related to an order from a dentritic cell. Given the circumstance, what was very interesting to me is they do the very same thing when bacteria release toxins into the blood stream. They can store these toxins for later use against foreign enemies. I think before a macrophage releases toxins, it can only be done by dentritic or possibly cytokines. It might even be called from a DC from the very start at a monocyte level.

Maybe look into macrophage homeostasis?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also meant to ask. Is this simular to molecular mimicry?
I would place them in the same subject matter yes. There are a lot of good cells that would die if they're given to use chemicals to possible heal for the greater good. Remember, everyone has autoimmunity to some extent; that is fact.

·
Registered
404 Posts
very interesting!

Your comment about everyone having autoimmunity to some degree reminds me of this dr(his name is saved on my work pc) who studied the fine line of where self tolerance is broken/lost and leads to the manifestation of autoimmune mediated diseases. Then if course trying to trace that back to environmental triggers (vaccines could be one). I find it concerning how autoimmune diseases can be induced in mice via injection of adjuvants or infectious agents.

As always, I greatly enjoy your posts because they give me new topics to research.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts