Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a natural way to treat cellulitis? My mom has this (mild) in both her lower legs. She is in her 60s, and has no medical insurance, so would really like to treat it on her own if poss. She is knowlegable in a lot of self-care, and is generally very healthy, but has drawn a blank on this one.<br><br>
Thanks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Just this morning I was reading this article:<br><br><a href="http://www.nativeremedies.com/articles/antibiotic-treatment-cellulitis-necessary.html?kbid=5207" target="_blank">Is Antibiotic Treatment for Cellulitis Necessary?</a><br><br>
It has some good info.<br><br>
Good luck to your mom.

·
Registered
324 Posts
nak, so keeping it brief...<br><br>
What caused the cellulitis?<br><br>
My concern would be that she has venous stasis dermatitis, with or without a superimposed bacterial infection.<br><br>
If that's the case, the most important thing is to address the underlying vascular insufficiency with leg elevation, compression stockings and so forth.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure what has caused the cellulitis. She does have moderate varicose veins, which would indicate a circulatory issue (on that note, though, she says she doesn't experience cold feet in the winter; they are always warm, apparently). It isn't severe, just sort of persistent.<br><br>
I am going now to look up the venous stasis dermatitis. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts