Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! We are about to get transferred to Conway, AR from Louisiana in about a month and I was wondering what my options were going to be for giving birth. I am currently 20 weeks, so I don't have a ton of time to weigh my options. We are currently seeing a midwife in Texas and we were planning on using the Birthing Center. I see that there are midwives who do homebirths around Conway and Little Rock, but my husband isn't too keen on the idea of birthing at home. So if anyone knows of any other options it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
AFAIK, your options in AR are limited to homebirth or hospital birth. I don't think there are any birth centers in the state (although it has been a few years since I looked for one).

·
Registered
833 Posts
There is not a birth center here in Arkansas unfortunately. There was one, but it closed down years ago. Your options are limited to home or hospital birth. I must say that the homebirth midwives here are WONDERFUL and you have a gem right there in Conway who I can highly recommend. If you choose to do a hospital birth, I can also recommend an amazing doctor who was actually recommended to me by the local MW's and he attended my natural hosp VBAC :) Him and his partner are both very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Alicia! I too recently moved to Conway and am interested in natural birth in the hospital as well. I am trained and working toward certification to be a doula and childbirth educator. I also recently found out that I am pregnant. This is Baby #3 for us. Our first two were wonderful natural hospital deliveries in GA. I am very discouraged by the feedback i'm getting. Can you tell me if you have found a place to deliver and a doctor? I need to make an appointment for my pregnancy, but am not sure which doctor. Did you find one you liked?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.