Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Im a SAHM. I drop ds off at school at 8:30 and must be back to get him no later than 4. DH is off work on Thurs and Sun which are my days devoted to him lol.. and then I care for my grandma with dementia.. soon dd's speech therapy will start.. I know it sounds like Im horribly busy but its not so much busy as hectic lol.. I have a lot of "free" time, Im just usually tired or broke when it comes (dh just started a new job and we are behind of everything trying to catch up for the few weeks he was out of a job).. Oh and now that Im HUGELY pregnant, it makes the heat horrible.. although we did go to Disney today lol.

I have Seaworld passes for dc and myself.. and we all have Disney passes.

DH would be up for coming to a playdate on a Thurs if its somewhere cheap cheap lol

·
Registered
662 Posts
Oh neat Tiffany. I'm glad to know that there are others really close by...we're really the first of our friends to have a baby so I feel very lonely and without other Mom-resources. Plus we're way crunchier than a lot of our friends, too.

Do you get a lot of use out of the Seaworld passes? I'm thinking about getting them for us after the baby comes, and probably also to the science center. Believe it or not though, I haven't been to Seaworld since 1981, and we've lived here in Florida for two years.

We're not far off of 441, near the end of the 429.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok I'll just throw a date and time out ... this is totally random so if its not good for everyone we can change it ...

How about Tuesday October 9 at 10 am?

Seems most of you all are on the north side, so maybe we can choose something up that way ... I am on the south side so I am not familiar with that area ... where would be a good spot?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That date is fine by me.

We actually have only been to Seaworld a few times but I think a regular day ticket is near $50 or $60 right? and the yearly pass is $100 so Im guessing its been worth it already lol. I think we would be there a lot more often if dh had passes just because this pregnancy is starting to wear me out lol.. shortness of breath has set in lol

We do use our Disney tickets a lot more often (like weekly or twice a week sometimes) but thats starting to slow down too as my belly grows lol.

Whats the science center? We are so new to the area that Im still just amazed by the theme parks and never even thought about the true educational aspect of Orlando? What all is there to do here other than theme parks? lol

In Jacksonville, we had a membership to the zoo (which is also good for the Central FL Zoo) and it was either that or MOSH (Museum of Science & History.. which really wasnt that nice of a place.. very old and way too small.. always overcrowded) and that was pretty much all there was to do there other than the beach or something lol

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The science center is downtown and I have a lot of friends who love it for their kids. I found the central FL zoo to be a bit depressing but it was years ago that I was there ... we dont have Disney tix... we were going to get them this year but you know how it is ... other things kept coming up. But we do Sea World quite a lot ... the kids love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.