Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from the horses mouth...I just hung up the phone with Kelli Johnson, the midwife who practices here in Central, FL. She is the one we all see for our homebirths, you may or may have not heard of her. She recently lost her back-up physician (to cancer) and now needs another one in order for her to assist VBAC deliveries. Here was her response to my question about her finding another back-up physician so that she can help with VBACs.<br><br>
"Tell them (the mamas questioning what's gonna happen next) to get out there, lets bang on some doctors doors and get some support! Let's find a Dr to back us up, let's get some action going and get banging on doors!"<br><br>
She said that she needs:<br>
Letters MAILED to her house from women who have had and desire to have VBACs (written as "To whom it may concern"). Explain that you want an out of hospital birth with a Certified Midwife and you want a user-friendly doctor to back her up INCASE you need them. Pull statistics off of ICAN (stats of VBACs w/o rupture). Remember to keep it friendly and professional. But make sure you express your desire clearly.<br><br>
Kelli Johnson CPM, LM<br>
802 Fisher Rd<br>
Winter Springs, FL 32708<br><br>
She said that she has 3 physicians that she is "going after" after next week. And she said that if she shows up with a 3-ring binder FULL of letters from mothers and she can say,"Hey, LOOK, there's a huge demand for this!," it will be SO helpful to actually talking them into doing it. She said it is a supply and demand type deal. And she needs to evidence to back up the demand that is very real here. She said she really needs your help and she cannot do it without you. So for those of you who are concerned or even considering VBAC, here's your chance to make it happen for you and all the other mamas. Get to writing/typing/whatever and get those letters mailed to her house. She said she prefers them to be mailed USPS not e-mailed.<br><br>
Thanks gals!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't know if you've posted there already (can't access at the moment), but please post this to the Florida ICAN list!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts